A creative space to grow:
- Your ability
- Your creative expression
- Your innovation
- Your inspiration
- Your music
In a hybrid online and in person environment
- Flutist Kathleen Schoen and violinist Thomas Schoen are classically trained performers and teachers who value innovation and creativity as much as history and tradition.
- We play old music on copies of period instruments, and we compose and improvise new music on modern instruments with electronics.
- We perform in formal concert halls and experiment with unusual venues, including outdoors.
- We teach using methods, such as Suzuki and Royal Conservatory, and we invite our students to improvise and compose their own music.
- We work with pre-professional students at the University of Alberta Augustana Campus, and we also teach preschoolers.
- We do this creative work in person and in an online environment
- We work both locally and internationally
- We are more than teachers or performers: we are Teaching Artists.
- We are also Performing Artists – find out more about that here
- Royal Conservatory gold medalists
- Winners of National level Contemporary Showcase
- Winners Canadian Grand Master Fiddle Championship
- Winners Provincial level Music Festival
- Accepted to music programs at Universities in Canada and Europe
- Recording artists
- Royal Conservatory Teacher of Distinction
- Suzuki Association of the Americas Teacher Trainer
- Orchestral performer: CBC Vancouver Orchestra, Edmonton Symphony, Saskatoon Symphony, and others
- National touring Artists: from Parliament Hill on Canada Day to tiny northern villages
- Artist Residencies: from Banff Centre to elementary schools
- Adjudicator for music festivals across western Canada
- International Festivals and Conferences: Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, Netherlands, Australia, USA
Practice Resource Collection: open to all, register for access here.